Internship at CPRG
Policy Research Intern
The position is for Policy Research Intern. This internship will be unpaid. The certificate will be given after the completion of the internship.
Understanding of social sciences is mandatory. Graduates or students pursuing graduation from a recognised university. An analytical subject or previous training in research methodologies is an advantage.
A degree in one of the following may help:
- public administration,
- social policy, political science,
- internal relations,
- law, and
As a research intern, you’ll need to:
- provide research, writing and editing support on issues
- assist the organization with conferences, workshops or other events;
- Contribute to designing and implementation of initiatives, projects or programmes;
- Prepare relevant communications materials (speeches, brochures, success stories, social media materials, podcasts etc.);
- keep up to date with social, political and economic developments, and brief others on these write briefings, reports, articles, papers
- work with a range of people and organisations
- manage social media publications to spread awareness and notifications
You’ll need to have:
- an interest in policy and bringing about change effective research and analysis skills (including quantitative and qualitative),
- needed to build an evidence base from which you will work excellent writing skills, as well as strong analytical aptitude and strong communication skills;
- ability to manage workload with minimum supervision and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues while meeting deadlines;
- excellent interpersonal skills: being able to listen and collaborate with a wide range of players, being able to work independently, being pro-active and taking initiative; be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- computer proficiency: MS Office;
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their CVs, One Writing Sample & One-page SOP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Relations Intern
A public relations intern’s role would entail assisting the PR manager and implementing the organisation’s PR strategy. Basic skills in copywriting and social media marketing are needed. This role would also include writing media releases, conducting research on marketing initiatives, performing administrative duties, and scheduling PR events.
- Providing assistance to the PR manager with the scheduling and organizing of events
- Assist in the management of content across social media platforms and websites
- Giving input on marketing initiatives and suggesting creative ways to improve the company’s public image
- Communicating and building long-term relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Perform research and market analysis activities
- Create and distribute press releases
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong desire to learn along with a professional drive
- Basic understanding of the different social networks
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Good communication ability (oral and written)
- The ability to prioritize your workload, and keep to strict content deadlines.
- Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their CVs along with their SoP to email@example.com