Advertisement for Recruitment
The Center of Policy Research and Governance invites applications for the recruitment of the following positions on contractual basis:
Fellow (Equivalent to Assistant Professor) – Total Positions – 3 (2 Unreserved, 1 Reserved)
Senior Fellow (Equivalent to Associate Professor) – Total Positions – 1
The minimum qualification for the positions are:
Assistant Professor: As per UGC Guidelines*
Associate Professor: As per UGC Guidelines**
Desirable qualifications include scholars having research experience in the field of social sciences and reasonable bilingual skills (one Indian language other than English).
Preference: Preference shall be given to individuals who are able to demonstrate the ability to initiate and lead collaborative research projects.
Selection Procedure: The shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo the screening process and appear for an interview before the Selection Committee.
Applications: Applications specifying the position applied can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th September, 2023. These applications need to be accompanied by:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Samples of Published Work
- Names and addresses of the referee
Location: New Delhi
Note: No Travel Allowance or Dearness Allowance (TA/DA) shall be provided to appear for the interview.
Minimum Qualifications as per UGC Guidelines
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant /allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR.
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A master’s degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or accredited research Institution/Industry with a minimum of five publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals.
We are looking for a candidate for the position of Research Assistant, whose responsibilities will include developing research topics, communicating findings, and institutionalizing answers. A Research Assistant will be assigned with the task of examining and analyzing policy issues related to education, health, energy, and other areas related to the interests of the organization. They will be in charge of research projects, which could be a government engagement or an independent study that falls within one of our work pillars.
Candidates are expected to have
- Obtained a Master’s degree in political science, or a related field
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a related field
- Methodical approach to organizing and analyzing information
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Preparing well-researched and detailed reports on relevant political issues
- Interact effectively within a diverse environment
- Implement strategies relevant to the goals of the organization
- Assess policy and propose options
- Summarize findings
- Present ideas clearly, both in writing and verbal communication
- Perform basic quantitative analysis
- Interpret and analyze data
- Solve problems systematically and logically
- Organize information and design research
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their CVs along with their SoP and a writing sample to email@example.com