- Course outline
- Past and current faculty
- Fees and Financial Aid
- Apply Now
As part of our commitment to nurture young talent and promote their active participation in public policy and politics, CPRG conducts an eight-week online certificate course – Fundamentals of Public Policy. The course enables students, academics, and working professionals to develop a comprehensive understanding of the basics of public policy and governance in India. The course is taught by leading scholars, practitioners, and bureaucrats working on a wide range of policy domains in India.
After the completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- 1. Identify and describe the diverse foundational public policy processes in India through a multidisciplinary lens.
- 2. Interpret the public policy developments in the country by discerning the different elements involved.
- 3. Analyse different policies by evaluating the building blocks of the policy.
Every edition of the course usually covers the following themes-
- 1. State capacity, public institutions, and bureaucracy
- 2. Governance
- 3. Politics of Development
- 4. Economic Foundations of public policy
- 5. Representation and accountability: Issues of caste, gender, and religion
- 6. Policy Evaluation
- 7. Research methods
- 8. Health and education
- 9. Gender policy
- 10. Environment and climate change policy
- 11. Careers in public policy
Past and current faculty
Fees and Financial Aid
- Fees: Rs. 10,000/-
- Limited need-based financial aid is available. Further instructions will be shared with applicants who have been shortlisted and had opted for financial aid in the application form.
- Fees once paid are non-refundable.
The course has been intentionally designed to accommodate the full-time engagements of the cohort. Live sessions are conducted every Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
The upcoming cohort is tentatively scheduled to begin on June 10, 2023.
– Prata Goyal
– Ankit Kumar Gupta
– Shreni Jani
If the information you are looking for is not here, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to provide further information/clarification.
- Our course is open to full-time students (undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students) and working professionals.
- Candidates are required to submit the registration form. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
- We are accepting applications for our June – July 2023 edition on a rolling basis till May 31, 2023. We have limited seats.
- Apply here: https://bit.ly/CPRGCourseRegistrationJune2023